Friday, October 16, 2009

Lack of Interest in Twitter?

Me Too!

I have never really understood the purpose of Twitter. I get why people use it and how it is used as a marketing tool. But, for my time I think there are much more productive social media to use both personally and in business.
In conversations with other people my age and younger, I have found that most do not use Twitter and I realized why today.

It is so clearly laid out in a post by Scott McAndrew.
"High on the list of Millennials core values are authenticity and transparency. And, what do Millennials use social networks for? To build and nurture relationships. Stopping right there the preference toward Facebook over Twitter seems obvious."

I could not have expressed my feelings more succinctly than that! That's why I have an issue with it. I do however have a Twitter account...with 1 tweet.

Check out the full post andresearch.

Also, I would like to know how you feel about Twitter...

I have set up a survey, let me know if you are a Twitterer.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out, Sarah! Keep writing, you've got a great writing voice. Looking forward to reading more from you...

    Best,
    Scott McAndrew

    ReplyDelete